40. Power to extend copyright to foreign works.-- The Central Government may, by
published in the Official Gazette, direct that all or any provisions of this Act shall apply-
(a) to work first published in any class territory outside India to which...
Rights of Broadcasting
Organisation and of Performers
Broadcast reproduction right.-(1) Every broadcasting organisation shall have a special right to
be known as "broadcast reproduction right" in respect of its broadcasts.
(2) The broadcast reproduction right...
Registration of Copyright Society.- (1) No person or association of persons shall, after
coming into force of the Copyright (Amendment) Act, 1994 commence or, carry on the business of
issuing or granting licences in respect of any work in...
30.Licences by owners of copyright.- The owner of the copyright in any existing work or the
prospective owner of the copyright in any future work may grant any interest in the right by licence in
writing signed by him or by his duly authorised agent:
Provided that in the...
Term of Copyright
22. Term of copyright in published literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works.-Except as
otherwise hereinafter provided, copyright shall subsist in any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic
work (other than a photograph) published within the lifetime of the...
Ownership of Copyright and the Rights of the Owner
17. First owner of copyright.-Subject to the provisions of this Act, the author of a work shall be the
first owner of the copyright therein
(a) in the case of a literary, dramatic or artistic work made by the author...
13. Works in which copyright subsists.- (1) Subject to the provisions of this section and the other
provisions of this Act, copyright shall subsist throughout India in the following classes of works, that is
(a) original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic...
Copyright Office and Copyright Board
9. Copyright Office. - (1) There shall be established for the purposes of this Act an office to be
called the Copyright Office.
(2) The Copyright Office shall be under the immediate control of the Registrar of Copyrights who
shall act under the...
[4th June, 1957] An Act to amend and consolidate the law relating to copyright.
Be it enacted by Parliament in the Eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:
1. Short title, extent and commencement. -(1) This Act may be called the Copyright Act,...
Maternity Leave Law In India
Pregnancy is a special moment for all mothers-to-be. And this is one time when she needs to take best care of herself so that she can give birth to a healthy and robust baby. Most importantly, all this needs to be done under the supervision of a...